Wednesday, January 23, 2008

There Were No Fields Of Clover In That Movie!

I just got home from seeing Cloverfield and loved it. Probably the best giant monster movie I've seen, hands down. I didn't have a problem with the way it was filmed and going into it cold meant that I was going along for the ride with the characters and it rocked because of it. I didn't see any of the viral campaign and basically went into it knowing there was a giant monster attacking New York and that it was shown from the point of view of people on the ground.

If you go see it, make sure you sit about halfway towards the back or further though, as I could see how being closer to the screen could induce motion sickness.

There were some real idiots at the theater though. As soon as the credits rolled, the morons in front of me started yelling at the screen.

"What the hell was that? They didn't explain anything!" they said.

I was like, "Dude! You just lived through a first person account of a monster invasion of New York City. What more do you want?" At least, that's what I was thinking...

I'll bet that the monster in Cloverfield is the same monster from the island on Lost, only it gets bigger, meaner and then destroys New York City.

No comments: