Friday, January 04, 2008

That's One Resolution Checked Off!

Last night I went swimming for a good 45 minutes during the lane swimming at the local pool.

It was GREAT! I wonder now why I haven't been doing this on a regular basis for the last 5+ years. I wasn't doing the crazy stuff I used to do when I was on the swim team, but it was a pretty good workout compared to my normal workout that basically involves me getting up, walking over and deciding which controller to pick up.

Julie wanted me to wait until next week to start but I figured that if I could talk myself out of swimming last night, I could probably talk myself out of it next week too. I'm going to try swimming two days a week (Thursday and Sunday) as those look like they'll be the best times for me to actually be able to get over to the pool for the lane swim.

The only problem is that I remembered this morning exactly how sore you'll be after a good swim like that.

No comments: