Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Zombie Alert

I had a VERY long weekend this past weekend. Work was fine, but the shifts were long and BORING.

The kicker was that after working a 12 hour shift on Sunday, I had to be up bright and early yesterday to do some training. I made it through, somehow. My biggest problem with the day was that when we broke for lunch, I suddenly realized that I didn't have my house keys with me. That meant that I'd either dropped them in the parking lot or worse, left them in the front door...

FOR THE PAST 4 HOURS...

I got on the phone with Julie and had her call a neighbour and thankfully they were able to get the keys out of our front door and secured in a safe spot, but man... I was worried my TV or some other piece of electronics was going to have sauntered out the front door because I was half awake when I'd left in the morning. Sigh.

Now the funny thing is that last night I received a phone call from some company trying to sell us a security system. I wanted to say, "I just left my keys in the front door for half the day and everything is fine." Gotta love small towns.

No comments: