Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Welcome Back, Commander

Command & Conquer 3, baby. I had a $15 off coupon for anything from Electronic Arts since my birthday was a week or so ago and so I pre-ordered C&C 3 a few weeks back. It came out yesterday and while I was down at EB, I saw a stack of boxes for the game and was kicking myself for ordering it from EA directly.

I expected it to take a good week or so to arrive, given that it was shipping from the States. I also figured I'd end up getting dinged for duty or some such nonsense. Imagine my surprise when I showed up home after work today to see a great big box in the front hallway. Lo and behold, my copy of C&C3 was inside! Woo! That was pretty fast, especially given that it was shipped from Kentucky yesterday.

Command & Conquer is one of my favourite game series of all time and from the demo that was released a few weeks back, I have high hopes for this game. Plus it has some pretty big name stars in the full-motion video bits. I'm talking Billy Dee Williams, Josh Holloway, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park and Michael Ironsides, amongst others. Yup. Two people from Battlestar Galactica and Sawyer from Lost are in my game (plus I just noticed that Billy Dee was in Lost tonight as well, which made me chuckle).

Can't wait for Lost to finish so I can dive into the green glow of Tiberium that is Command & Conquer.

Oh, the one sad note is that the installation program is a boring Installshield loader instead of the awesome ones from back in the day.

No comments: