Monday, March 19, 2007

God of Freakin' War!

Oh man. God of War 2 is spectacular. I know Dave has played the first one and I'm sure Grant has too. If you want to play the BEST action game on any system, period, play both of the God of War games. I'm a good 6 hours or so into the second one and am absolutely loving it. I'm finding it requires me to actually block, dodge and use more strategy than slash slash slash like the first one did, but man, it's still a huge pile of fun.

How fun? Check out today's Penny Arcade. That about sums it up. I mean, what would be a final boss fight for almost any game EVER is just an intro/tutorial level for the God of War games.

My only beef is that everything I'm hearing from people on EvAv who have finished the game say that it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger. Not Pirates of the Caribbean 2 cliffhanger, not Halo 2 cliffhanger and not Matrix 2 cliffhanger, but a cliffhanger nonetheless. Sigh. You know that means that a PS3 will likely be in my future (unless the series goes multiplatform to the 360, which I can see myself getting a lot sooner than a PS3).

Ah well. I don't know if I'll get much playtime in tonight but I'm definately spending most of tomorrow slashing my way through ancient Greece. It's rare that I'll have a game that I can finish in a week after purchase and feel that it was worth it, but even if it ended right now, it would be worth the price of admission.

No comments: