Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I've Got A Screw Loose... Literally

I picked up my glasses this morning to clean them and suddenly *poink* out popped one of the lenses.

Annoying, yes, but not the end of the world. Julie has a little screwdriver kit on her dresser so I headed over there to get it.

That's when, for some strange reason, my butterfingers dropped my glasses. Of course, when I picked them back up the screw was missing. ARG! I spent the next 10 minutes rooting around under the bed and through her pile of books, etc. to try to find it, even enlisting Garrett's help to shine the flashlight under the bed. All to no avail. Sigh.

So now I have to drive over to the local optometrist and get a new screw. On the upside, I have a dentist appointment this morning two doors down from the optometrist, so it's not like it's out of my way. I just can't wait to drive Garrett to the babysitter and then back to Acton without my glasses. My head is going to kill me.

No comments: