Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Crappy Day Just Gets Worse

What is going on today?!

First I have the whole glasses issue. Then the optometrist is closed.

Now I go to the dentist, get a check-up and examination done and thankfully have no cavities. It turns out that I grind my teeth a lot, so I might need one of those fancy mouth guards, but that's cool.



So anyway, no cavities, cool mouth guard, what's not to love?

Well, it turns out that my insurance company is saying that they're not going to pay for my 'new patient exam' as it is too soon after my last one.

My last 'new patient exam' was in 2002!!!! I mean, come on! Given the fact that it's been almost 2 years since my last check-up, you'd think they'd cut me some slack and pay for this, since it's a new dentist in a new town and all.

Sigh. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find someone to yell at up at ye olde insurance place, but it still sucks that I had to pay the full cost of the visit. No wonder I don't like going to the dentist. I can handle the pain, just not the cost.

On the upside of things, I did get my glasses fixed. There's another optician in town and I stopped by her office and she put in a new screw, replaced the nose-pads and even straightened the frame out for free! Woo! No more squinting for me today.

Ah well. At least someone is having a good day today.

No comments: