Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Holy Hannah, the end times must have arrived. Much to Julie's delight (I'm sure), I finally have a Wii.

I went into my regular EB yesterday after dropping Garrett off at the sitter's and whined about how I was getting sick of stalking the Electronics departments in every store in the tri-city area.

"Hey," said the manager, "You're our best customer. The next time a shipment comes in, I'll put one aside and give you a call."

I almost jumped over the counter and kissed him, but instead I thanked him very much and went on my merry way.

So today rolls around. First, I had to go to get my oil changed, which turned into a $400 job to replace my front brakes and get the bird's nest out of my air filter (I kid you not! There was an actual nest in my air filter!) but the upside is that I don't have to worry about dying the next time I come to a stop sign.

Afterwards, I got home. No messages from EB. The phone rings. It's Julie. She headed off for lunch and left me alone with my thoughts again.

Then the phone rang.

Could it be? Was it... EB?!

No. Just the same lady asking to speak to the person who pays the hydro bill. I told her that Julie was STILL at work just like every other time they call me at 11:30am. They hung up.

Sigh. So I go to check the mail. I walk back in and "RING!"

Could it be? Was it... EB?!

"Hello, Brock?"

"Yes."

"It's Grant down at EB. We got one." (Yeah, the manager at EB has the same name as my little brother... go figure...)

"I'll be down in a flash."

A flash later and I was down at EB getting the second last Wii that they had received that morning. A guy behind me picked up the last one they had. What was really a kick in the gibblies was that this guy walked in and saw us buying these last two Wii's and was almost in tears. He had been at the EB earlier in the morning, walked outside for all of 20 minutes and by the time he came back they had sold out of all the systems. Poor fella.

Anyway, I'm back home now and have the system set up. I haven't even played a game yet. I've been too busy configuring everything, making a Mii that looks like me and checking out the forecast channel. Very spiffy.

It's a good thing I have Friday off or I'd be calling in sick for the next couple days. I can't wait to play some Zelda, Elebits, Wii Sports, Excite Truck and Rayman: Rubbing Rabbits.

Wii!

Er, Whee!

No comments: