Monday, January 15, 2007

Water Poisoning?

Well, I learned something new today. You can die from excessive intake of water over a short period of time.

How did I learn this?

Jennifer Strange was found dead on Friday at her home after taking part in a contest named “Hold your wee for a Wii” at the studios of radio station KDND 107.9. The competition involved drinking large quantities of water, with the last person to go to the toilet winning a Wii console – currently out of stock in most of North America.


Yeah. A woman died from drinking too much water and not peeing in order to win a Wii. Yeesh. Even I'm not that hardcore. I don't care how happy it would make Garrett to get something, I wouldn't put my life on the line for it. Granted, I'd never heard of the term, water toxicity, before today, so maybe nobody involved really knew there was any danger. Crazy stuff. I feel pretty bad for her kids though. Maybe Nintendo can send over a free system so her death wasn't in vain.

No comments: