Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I still think it should have been Spike

I've been meaning to post this for a few days but keep forgetting. It's mainly for Dave and James, but maybe Suzie will watch it too!

What am I talking about? Oh...

The oft rumoured adaptation of The Dreseden Files to the TV screen is a reality.

And it's coming soon! Like, this Sunday at 9pm, soon.

The nice thing is that it's not all swords and sorcery. If you're new to Dresden, it's about a private eye wizard living in contemporary Chicago. He has to deal not only with the seedy underbelly of the city, a police force that has a love/hate relationship with him and his crappy car but also with werewolves, rogue wizards and much, much more. I really hope they don't wreck the series by translating it to TV. The Dresden Files is probably my favourite contemporary fantasy series and I'd hate to see something bad happen to it!

James Marsden (Spike from Buffy) would have been an awesome Harry Dresden, but I think the guy they have playing him might work. He looks REALLY familiar...

Edit: WAIT... WHAT?! Bob's an actual person? Feh. He's a skull... well, a spirit who lives in a skull. He's not a funny looking guy with white hair. Grr.

The guy playing Dresden was in 24, which is where I recognize him from.

I'm not sure I like the casting of some of the people but I'll try my best to watch the first few eps unless they thoroughly suck. And I watched the entirety of Blade: The Series, so that'll take some pretty intense sucking.

No comments: