Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Mario Diet

I was joking last week that if I keep playing the Wii Sports fitness test every day for a year, I'll probably lose 100 pounds and have a 6-pack and huge arm muscles.

Turns out I might not be too far off the mark. This guy actually tried doing his usual activities and eating his usual food with the addition being a 30-minute play session of Wii Sports every day for a month. He lost 9 pounds and about 2-3% body fat!

I tell ya, that first week with the Wii almost killed me. I was playing it pretty aggressively for several hours each day and coupled with not getting a lot of sleep, I was feeling pretty run down by Sunday. I only did a bit of Wii Sports yesterday (and a lot of Zelda) and I don't feel like a truck ran over me. That said, I'm going to keep doing my daily Wii Sports regimen and see if I can lose some weight like this guy did. It's nice to see it's achievable.

No comments: