Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Gamer Lent

Well, I picked up Rogue Galaxy today for the PS2. It is probably going to be one of the last 2 or 3 games I get for the system (Lumines Plus and God Of War 2 being the other two).

I've been looking forward to Rogue Galaxy almost as long as I was looking forward to Final Fantasy XII. It's by the same guys who developed Dragon Quest VIII (and Dark Cloud 2) and looks to be a spiritual successor to one of my all time favourite games, Skies Of Arcadia.

It's basically a cel-shaded RPG romp through the universe as a band of space pirates. Garrett saw the case when I got home and wanted to watch me play it more than he wanted to watch Backyardigans. Yes, it looks that cool. All the 2 1/2 year olds in the neighbourhood want to watch me play!

I had ordered Rogue Galaxy from Amazon a month ago and was hoping to get it sometime next week or so. Yesterday I got an e-mail stating that they'd delayed shipping for 4-6 weeks and I wouldn't be getting it until close to my birthday. Thankfully EB got copies in today so I grabbed one and cancelled my Amazon order. I don't even know why I bother trying to order games from Amazon. They're ridiculously fast for movies, CD's and books but use a herd of frozen turtles to ship their games.

Anyway, the reason I was trying so hard to get a copy today is because I'm taking Gamer Lent starting tomorrow. Gamer Lent is when I swear off buying any new games or game peripherals for an entire month. Thankfully there's not much coming out until March anyway, so it shouldn't be nearly as hard as if I tried doing this in, say, November, but I still need to try and actually stay away from game stores for a month.

I told the manager at EB today when I was in and I think he had to lay off one of his staff. Poor fella.

No comments: