Saturday, January 13, 2007

My Tooth! It Crumbles!

I was playing on the Wii with my friends tonight when it happened. I noticed something that felt like a kernel of popcorn was stuck in the gap between my back two molars. I couldn't get it loose with my tongue so I poked in there with my finger and what came out? A little chunk of my back molar. I couldn't believe it until ANOTHER little chunk of molar fell off!

Now, I had a root canal in this tooth a few years back (at least, I'm pretty sure it's that tooth) and it's already 90% filling as it is, but man, it's annoying. Thankfully it doesn't really hurt (though the gum seems to be somewhat sensitive).

I'm just annoyed that a) it happened late on Friday night and won't be able to see a dentist until at least Monday or Tuesday and b) I have an insanely long weekend ahead of me and I really don't need dental emergencies on top of all the other stuff I have going on this weekend.

Of course, this had to happen to me not too long after playing Rayman: Raving Rabbids and doing the "Worms In The Teeth" minigame... I think it cursed me.

I guess this is a sign to stop eating candy canes... I think that the crunchy candy canes I've been munching on this week and the grinding of my teeth in annoyance and frustration while at work are likely culprits in this deterioration of my dentition.

That and the fact that I haven't been to the dentist in a LOOONG time... I guess this is God's way of telling me it's time to see the dentist. And here I was thinking that I'd just spent a pile of $$ on my car this week and thankfully hadn't had to pay a dental bill for a while. Sigh.

No comments: