Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Why do I do this to myself?

Well, I've signed up for another tour of duty at the camp. The nice thing is that I'm going to be doing this elite mercenary one-on-one job with someone they're doing respite for.

The bad news is that I have to be on the road at 5am on Thursday and I'm not getting back till sometime Friday afternoon. The good news is that I'm being paid hourly to do this, so we'll have a good chunk of change in a couple weeks from this.

I feel bad leaving Julie home with Garrett for a day and a half. She is going to be hanging out with her relatives tomorrow night though, so as long as Garrett doesn't go completely nuts overnight, it should be fine...

I just have to remind myself that this is some good money for us in our time of need :)

Oh, I apologize for not updating or commenting on anyone's blogs since the weekend, my own included. Between Garrett, work and getting ready for this trip up to Paisley tomorrow, I just haven't spent much time near the computer.

I've pretty much been reading the comics daily and playing a bit of Spider Solitaire at 5am when Garrett is up and fussy and that tends to knock him out. Anything more is asking too much.

I will have some new pictures of the screamin' meanie to put up when I get back. In the meantime, try to figure out amongst yourselves how he was able to poop and get it on his head...

No comments: