Friday, May 14, 2004

Sad, what with my aspirations for forensics...

Well, never let it be said that I ride the cusp of the pop culture wave. Today marked the first time I've sat down and actually watched CSI. Sure, I've seen bits of episodes before, but only about 10 minutes tops.

I've been waiting to get the first few seasons on DVD in order to watch the show in order and amazingly my brother's friend had the first season on DVD and we had a little Buffy/CSI exchange. Today I watched the first 4 eps of Season 1 of CSI and I have to say that I really like it.

There are some things that bugged me about it but it was more along the lines of wierd pseudo-swearing than anything. I know it's not HBO or the Sopranos, but it continues to strike me as odd that one can say 'ass' but not 'God damn it' on network TV. They can say 'guldammit' though. Sigh.

Other than that, and some sort of very kindergartenish behaviour amongst some of the characters which thankfully only lasted for one episode, the science is great and the neat toys they use (which NO public CSI lab could ever afford) are neat to watch. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the seasons soon.

No comments: