Monday, May 17, 2004

Hiya!

I just finished Jet Li's latest movie, er, game, Rise To Honor on ye olde PS2. It was a pretty fun game, I have to say. There were some sequences that had me ready to chuck the controller across the room, but after ~10-15 minutes of constant restarts I was able to get past most of them.

A lot of the reviewers didn't like the game, but I did. It was laid out a lot like a movie and the game interface itself was like a DVD. You can go through and pick out the chapters just like a scene selection in a DVD movie. Most of them are rather short, so if you really liked a particular sequence, you can just load that up and give it a whirl. I also like that feature as I had a pretty good idea of exactly how far I was in the game.

And since it was the game equivalent of a Jet Li movie, there was lots of action and cool stunts. Oh, and the backgrounds were incredibly interactive.

There's a scene where you're running across a balcony in an atrium and firing guns at these guys across the opening in the middle of the atrium. I think EVERYTHING was smashed to pieces by the end. Very cool stuff.

Anyway, I've had a long weekend doing all sorts of crazy family stuff (had a baby shower yesterday and did a delayed Mother's Day brunch today with Julie's family) so I'm off to bed.

Zzzz...

No comments: