Thursday, May 20, 2004

Mr. Magoo, eat your heart out.

Well, I went to the eye doctor today. Long story short, get ready for the return of the bespectacled Brock.

It's always reassuring when they do the test and exclaim, 'WOAH! You need glasses now!'

I'd been wondering lately if my monitor was starting to go or if I was just going blind, since it's looking really fuzzy these days. Turns out it's the latter. My left eye sees perfectly, almost TOO good. My right eye is crazy out of focus though. I used to wear glasses in high school, mostly because my astygmatism leads to nasty headaches. After Julie & I got married, I accidentally sat on my glasses in Mexico on our honeymoon and haven't gotten around to replacing them...

Well, I'm going back tomorrow to pick out a pair with Julie. I don't mind, actually. It was just one of those things I'd never gotten around to doing.

The nice thing is that this should cut down on the annoying glare when I drive at night, which has been getting steadily worse as the years go by. I also have to go back for a peripheral vision test since my eyes are oddly shaped, according to the doctor. I always knew I was a mutant :)

No comments: