Friday, August 15, 2003

Yerg. Well, we got hit with that big blackout yesterday. I was watching Chasing Amy and probably 5 minutes before it was over, around 4:10-15ish, first my AC conked out, then bam. No more power.

It was an interesting night. I thought it was just Acton that had lost power until about 6pm when Julie got home and told me the entire province of Ontario and most of New York State and surrounding environs was out of juice too.

At least we got our power back now rather than on, say, Saturday or something. From the look of my clock, it looks like it came back on around two hours or so ago here... 2-2:30am then.

It is pretty scary that one downed power station can knock out such a wide area. At least they got us back up relatively quickly.

Had a nice evening though. Just sat outside, chatted with the neighbours and listened to the portable radio for a while. Then we came inside and lit every candle we could find and read books for the rest of the evening.

On the upside, I FINALLY finished The War Of The Flowers. Now I can finally read Messiah Node.

Downside was that I didn't get to play any Silent Hill 3 yesterday :(

No comments: