Monday, August 18, 2003

Oh man. I was about ready to kill the lady two doors down from the group home today. There's an electricity and water restriction on right now while we wait for everything to get stabilized after the big power outage from last week.

So the lady two doors down spent THE ENTIRE DAY running her sprinkler on her lawn. Which would have been fine had not 90% of the water just been running off her lawn, down her driveway and down the street to the storm sewer.

She even had the gall to come out just before I was on my way home and move her sprinkler, which at this time had been running for at least 2-3 hours, if not longer, to another spot on her lawn even closer to her driveway.

Grr... And she wasn't the only moron I saw today. This other lady down the street was busy hosing down her driveway. Sigh. I guess she was trying to get it to grow or something.

I was talking with a guy out for a walk in the morning and he was complaining that there was sand along the edges of both sides of the street. Sometimes I think people need to leave the burbs and see what dirty streets really are like. This sand is nothing more than what would take a good rainshower about 10 minutes to wash away, yet everyone was acting like they had a mudslide creeping down the street. Sigh again...

At least everyone out this way seems to be acting responsible and I hear no air conditioners rumbling away in the distance. Goooo Acton :)

No comments: