Sunday, August 17, 2003

Time for bed. I got a bunch further in Silent Hill 3 tonight. Man, it's creepy (have I mentioned that before?)...

For example, I was in this manniquin storeroom (don't ask) and found the one manniquin with a head. It was already kind of creepy what with the lights out (in and out of game) and nothing but a flashlight to illuminate things. I went to leave the room and I hear this high-pitched scream and a thump. I turn around and the manniquin's head is now lying on the floor in a puddle of blood...

*shudder*

This game has been full of great little things like that that just unnerve you. But that's why the Silent Hill series is so good. They operate on a much more subtle level that just erodes your sanity, what little there may be in some cases :)

I am starting to notice more direct links to the original Silent Hill now with regards to the story. I wonder where it's going to go from here?

The only thing I haven't seen yet that I kind of miss is the ubiquitous fog of the Silent Hill series. So far SH3 has mostly taken place indoors and the fog, which was almost a character for the first two games, is nowhere to be seen. But I am only about 3-4 hours into SH3, so hopefully the fog will make an appearance.

No comments: