Sunday, August 03, 2003

Gah. I have to go to Sarnia for a day. At least I don't have to work until Wednesday, but still...

There is one cool thing I wanted to mention about my trip. On our Moosonee tour and the boat cruise we were on (and staying in both our Motel in Cochrane and the Polar Bear Lodge in Moosnonee) was none other than Robert Munsch!

He was up there on vacation with his family. They were from the States and were commenting on how in the States, nobody knows who Robert (or Bob to them) is, but up here he's a celebrity :) I got his autograph, so that was cool.

But go figure. I go to the back end of nowhere and run into a celebrity, not to mention an author I really like and whom I used to have read to me as a kid.

I do think there's something wierd going on though. I was flipping through the channels yesterday and came across an interview on Vision TV with none other than Mr. Munsch himself, talking about his childhood and life and such. It's Munschapalooza here!

No comments: