Saturday, August 20, 2005

The James Hayward Documentary

Julie & I went out today to see The 40-Year Old Virgin.

It was absolutely hilarious. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a movie theatre in quite some time. Julie was even laughing her head off too. If any movie deserves to be seen this summer, this was it.

I will warn everyone that it is somewhat crude, especially at the beginning, but it really doesn't seem gratuitously so. I think that's why it works. Everything seems rather realistic which helps keep the movie from becoming a total farce.

Frankly, it's American Pie for adults. With 75% less Stifler.

Can't think of anything more to say except that Julie actually liked it a lot!

Oh wait. I remembered the thing that drove me nuts in the flick.

Andy, the title character, has "more videogames than a teenage Asian kid". Videogames are a big part of his life. Heck, there's a whole scene that takes place around two of his buddies destroying each other in a game of either Mortal Kombat: Deception or Dark Alliance.

It's kind of cool to see them playing the game and doing fatalities and such... except that one of the guys is somehow playing a current generation fighting game WITH AN N64 CONTROL PAD!!!

If you're going to have a whole scene revolving around two guys playing videogames, why can't you at least give them the proper controllers? Sigh...

---
What I'm Reading: The Corporation
What I'm Playing: Pandora's Box (woo! Puzzles!), THIS close to finishing Atelier Iris.
What I'm Watching: The 40 Year Old Virginian.

No comments: