Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'm not having a good day...

Computer-wise, at least.

I was checking my e-mail last night just before bed and as I closed Outlook Express it started to compact the folders automatically. I have no idea why it does this every so often as I have no task schedulers active nor do I have any options checked in OE to do this. It just does it sometimes when I close the program down.

ANYWAY, I decided to check a website or two while this was going on and as I was looking at one site, the computer just froze. Sometimes my system kind of slows down but it usually is only for a couple seconds while something like a game is closing down.

So I wait... and wait... and wait... nothing. I don't hear any noise from the tower (aside from the incessant grinding of the loose bearing in my video card fan) and the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive.

So I just rebooted the computer, waited for the login screen for XP to show up and went to bed.

This morning I wake up before work and check my e-mail... only there's only 8 messages in my inbox. I had about 2500 in there last night. Funny enough, the deleted messages from the night before which are permanently deleted whenever I shut down OE were still in the folder, leading me to believe that OE was actually busy compacting my mail and that my computer was just really bogged down, not locked up.

Ah well. I didn't really need any of those e-mails anyway. All of the pictures and such were saved elsewhere on my drive and none of the account information on there was of such importance that I couldn't get the information from the website it was from.

Still, it was kind of annoying and didn't put me in a terribly good mood for the rest of the day. Couple this with a possible catastrophe awaiting me at work (which thankfully had been resolved before I got there) and my annoyance at having my journalistic integrity impugned on Evil Avatar yesterday... well, I just wasn't in a good mood in the morning.

Actually, I'm still in kind of a funky mood, and not the disco kind of funky. It's probably just the weather or something. I just want to have supper, curl up in front of a hot monitor and play some Dungeon Siege before going to bed early. I think my months, nay, years of getting far less than the recommended daily dose of vitamin sleep are finally catching up.

Stupid Outlook Express...

If anyone has a copy of the letter we sent out when Garrett was born, could you please send it to us? That's the one piece of mail we lost that we hadn't saved otherwise and would like to receive again. Also, if you sent any mail to Garrett's account, please re-send it so I can save that. We lost ALL of my and Garrett's e-mail. Julie still has her's though... lucky devil...

---
What I'm Reading:
What I'm Playing:
What I'm Watching:

No comments: