Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I bet he was playing Lineage or Starcraft...

To any and all who think I play to many videogames, I once again point to the mighty nation of South Korea and say, "I'm nowhere near as bad as them!!!"

'A South Korean man who recently quit his job to play more video games died after playing almost non-stop for 50 hours at an internet café.'

The sad thing is that as an avid game news junkie, the first thing I thought when I saw the headline Man Dies After Marathon Videogame Session was, "Hmm... I bet it's a story from South Korea."

They actually have televised gaming tournaments overthere that put our professional sports coverage to shame. But for me, that's taking your games WAAAY too seriously. I like games for the fun and/or storytelling that takes place in an interactive medium. The obsession of that whole country scares me!

Check out The Escapist's great article on South Korea for more info.

---
What I'm Reading: Dead Beat
What I'm Playing: Killer 7
What I'm Watching: DANGER: 50,000 Volts!

No comments: