Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I know where Survivorman lives...

A week or two ago I was watching what was probably the final episode of Survivorman for this season and thought to myself, "Self, you should e-mail Les Stroud's company and ask them if they are ever going to make a DVD set."

So I took my own advice and did so. I hadn't heard anything back for the last little while and figured the e-mail got lost in the ether.

Lo and behold, I come home from work tonight and there's an e-mail from no less than Suvivorman himself, Les Stroud, sitting in my inbox.

According to him, "The Survivorman DVD series wont be available until the summer or fall, when it is finished, however 3 other videos available are - Snowshoes and Solitude an award winning film about the year my wife and I spent living in the bush - as if it were five hundred years ago....and - Stranded - winter, Stranded - summer......the two original pilot versions of Survivorman which did so very well for the Discovery Channel."

Unfortunately, they're all on VHS. Ew... I'll just wait for the DVD's for now.

He also included his home address. I wish I could live up where he does... sigh.

No comments: