Friday, February 27, 2004

Sleepy Time

I had a long but fun day today.

I was up until about 3 or so in the morning working on the Power Point presentation for church on the weekend (I'm in charge of doing up the multimedia stuff every week).

Then Julie woke me up at the ungodly hour of 7am and then 9am. By 10 I had regained conciousness enough to go skiing for about an hour and then I headed off to St. Thomas to visit my widdle brudder Grant.

He and his wife are going to be having a baby in about a week (March 9th) so I figured this would be one of my last chances (and his) to have a good ol' Videogame Day before the little bundle of terror, er, joy arrives.

First off we tried out Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles' multiplayer component. I must say that it's a lot better than playing single-player, if for no other reason than you can have one person attacking and the other healing. Also, having all the information on the GBA instead of on-screen actually works, though both of us were wishing we had GBA SP's at the time.

After an hour or so of Final Fantasy, we decided to give Mario Kart: Double Dash a whirl. MAN OH MAN is it ever FUN to play it co-op! Grant just sat on the back of the kart tossing weapons and obstacles galore at the computer opponents while I was able to concentrate solely on driving. We ended up playing for a few hours and it was still fun, but then it was time for me to go home.

So here I am, back at the house, freshly fed and feeling my buffalo chicken sub perkolating in my tummy... mmm...

Time to go read one of the 6 graphic novels I got from the library yesterday. Whee!

No comments: