Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Projectile vomit isn't fun

Sorry for not writing anything the last couple days. It's been rather busy at work.

I have spent the majority of the last two days in the hospital with one of our guys. He's got the flu and was severely dehydrated yesterday. It took 3 bags of saline just to get him looking like a normal person and not like The Mummy.

Thankfully he seems to be doing much better today. He's still there, but at least he's out of Emerg and into a room fit for a hospital patient. It's days like these that I really appreciate my job. I am there for the guys and help them through a really tough time for them where they'd be unable to help themselves. And it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to have someone want you there at their hospital bed until they fall asleep and you can let the nurses take over for the night.

That, or I'm catching the flu myself... :)

Hopefully he'll be coming home tomorrow and will just need another day or so of rest till he's back up and at 'em. At least he gets to make lots of friends with the nurses!

No comments: