Wednesday, February 18, 2004

OCD

I just finished reading Steve Martin's (yes, THAT Steve Martin) novel The Pleasure Of My Company.

It's told from the point of view of a guy in his late twenties, early thirties who has OCD, or Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. It's both a very funny story and a neat insight into how someone with serious OCD views and copes with the world around him. I don't think I'll look at curbs the same way again... (And should I be worried that I can sympathize with a lot of his quirks? Maybe it's time I get to a shrink myself!)

It's only about 160 pages, so it doesn't take very long to read. Go get it from your library. It was a great little read that helped break up the lightsabre and X-Wing craziness of the NJO books.

Oh, and I loved the picture on the dustjacket...


No comments: