Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Accursed PA days!

I went skiing not once, but TWICE today. It was a gorgeous day and the hill was actually not too slushy.

The only downside was that in the morning, there were lots of kids on the hills as they had a school trip. This wouldn't be so bad except that the one chairlift was busted and the half-pipe and terrain park were out of commission, so they all decided to come live on the grownup hill...

So I skied in the morning and went to a meeting for part of the afternoon and then came back to the hill, only to find that the lift STILL wasn't working and to top it off it was a half-day PA day today for some schools so the lineups and volume of falling kids was to much to take. I got a few runs in before I just couldn't take the waiting and the speedbumps anymore and then I came home, whereupon my muscles all seized up at once ;P

But it was a great day for skiing and I still had fun, grumbling aside. I mean, I got to see a kid who wasn't fast enough to get on the chairlift with me get clipped by it and tossed out into the lift shack like a sack of potatoes. Good times :)

No comments: