Saturday, February 21, 2004

Autoshow

Today I took a couple of the guys from work down to the Toronto International Auto Show. It was rather busy, but we did a lightning tour and were in and out of there in about 2 1/2 hours.

It was not that good. Last year was pretty cool as there were lots of prototype and concept cars, as well as a bunch of high-end luxury cars that you'd never be able to drive unless you won a lottery. This year it was much like it was two years ago. It was essentially one big indoor car lot. Sure, they had some of the new models, but they weren't anything that special.

Ah well. The guys really liked it, even though we never were successful in our search for the elusive poster (Which poster? Who knows. We just saw a lot of people with posters and everytime we asked we got a different dealer and yet each dealer was conspicuously posterless...)

There were two cool things though.

The first was that as we were leaving I hear this voice yelling, "HEY YOU!"

I turned around and there was my Uncle Rod (of Elmira Office fame) and my aunt and cousins, all trundling along the opposite way from us. I chatted with him and introduced the guys and then we carried on our merry way.

The second was that it was Ed's first trip on a subway (at least according to him) and he had a blast. He really liked announcing the stops right after the conductor said them over the PA. I'll have to take him downtown more often!

Oh, one more thing. There were also a lot of Japanese people at the show. I'm talking straight from Tokyo, talking in Kanji kind of Japanese. I don't know if they were specially flown in or what, but there were certainly a lot of them there!

No comments: