Thursday, January 29, 2004

Telemark THIS!

I went out today and got some day skiing in. First day skiing so far this year.

It was great though. There's nothing like going skiing a day or two after a huge snowstorm. Lots of untrammelled virgin snow. Of course, once I got through with it, it was quite trammelled and considerably less virginal.

The only problem today was that the wind was blowing right up the mountain so half of the runs were just not fun to ski on. Thankfully one chair worth of runs was on enough of an angle that exposed flesh didn't turn to glass immediately so I just skiied on them for the majority of the morning.

Another good thing about Thursday morning skiing is that there were barely any people there. I got to ride the chairs solo for the whole morning and just listen to my MP3's the whole time without having to make pesky conversation with *spit* boarders *spit*.

No comments: