Friday, January 09, 2004

Lost in Translation

I just finished watching Lost In Translation. Now my new goal is to find out how much it would cost to go to Tokyo and just hang out for 2 weeks. I absolutely loved LiT.

As per the discussion that emerged from my Last Samurai entry, Lost in Translation is probably as in-your-face as you can get for a Westerner plopped into Japan and left to fend for his or herself. I'd also recommend Enlightenment Guaranteed, but it's a very VERY dry movie as opposed to Lost in Translation which is pretty fun to watch.

I also found out that in Tokyo, you don't call 911 in a fire. You call 119! Thank the wierd alien dude over at the Tokyo Fire Department website for that tidbit.

"That's 119, not 911 if you light yourself on fire and find out it's not much fun!"


Sgt. Extinguisher wants YOU to fill out the required paperwork before you can put out the fire.

No comments: