Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I love it but I hate it!

What's with Bush today?

He's suddenly decided to do something I applaud and am happy about, but I am having a really hard time being enthusiastic given that it IS Bush implementing it.

He's going back to the moon. And using it as a launchpad to Mars. Which is great.

But it's Bush.

But it's a moonbase and a manned mission to Mars and a mandate and real funding for NASA.

But it's Bush...

ARG!

Of course, I could probably think of a dozen conspiracy theories about him using a moonbase as an orbital weapon platform or something, but I'm content to be idealistic this time and be happy that at least now someone is willing to have a plan for NASA and space in general. Of course, he might just be using this as a campaign thing to try to recreate the JFK moon mission phenomenon.

Ah well. Let's just sit back and watch :)

No comments: