Saturday, January 03, 2004

Hyperbole is out of control!!!

We had a nice day out today. We went into Brampton and spent all of our gift certificates that we got for Christmas and then went to the Keg for a nice post-Anniversary meal. I had a yummy filet mignon with a bleu cheese and roasted garlic coating. Mmmm....

We learned that one does not go to Future Shop on the last day of their Boxing Week sale. It was a rather picked over store that we visited. Luckily, they had ONE copy of the game I was picking up.

I got Fatal Frame 2. I like the warning on the back:
WARNING!
DO NOT PLAY THIS ALONE!!!


It's supposed to be the SCARIEST GAME EVER so I warned Julie that if I come up to bed and am shaking like a wee babe, it's just the game.

We also went and had the pleasure of shopping at Indigo.
*shudder*
It scares me that there are stores that make Chapters seem like a haven for bibliophiles. The scary thing is that they're both owned by the same people! I guess we can thank them for having 3 tellers working to service a line-up that must have folded in on itself several times before reaching the doors to the store. We had about 20-30 minutes to kill before the Keg opened and the lovely people at Indigo helped us kill those pesky minutes dead.

Oh, and then we came home and just finished watching the always excellent movie, Bend It Like Beckham. Did you know that Gobi means cauliflower? I wonder if the Gobi desert is where they grow cauliflower. If so, someone should start planting trees there so we can wipe out that insidious plant. I hate cauliflower.

Now I have to go and read all the books I got from the library and from the bookstore. Sigh.

No comments: