Wednesday, January 14, 2004

CBC Nerd

Tod Maffin has a new blog site, /Nerd, that lets you read his Radio One technology bits before they air. I was a regular chat-room guy back on the TodRadio site when that show ran a few summers ago and even got on the radio (well, my comments did) a few times.

There's a story on his site detailing his woes with Bell Expressvu. I do like Bell, if only because however bad they are, the alternatives are even worse. However, my experience with them is limited to phone and internet service. Given my recent experience in the BellWorld store and some fun I had back when I joined the trial for the High Speed Ultra service, I'm not surprised with the horror story of the Expressvu install.

Heck, when I was setting up that WAN a little while back, I went into the BellWorld store looking for a wireless adapter. "Oh, we don't carry all the computer parts. We just have a few things." This is the same store that sold the lady I was doing the setup for her wireless router. Sheesh. If you're going to sell one part of the WAN, you really should have the receivers in stock too. Oh well.

No comments: