Monday, January 26, 2004

Are you sure it's not a stat holiday?

Well, looks like a blizzard not seen since the day Julie & I got married has decided to arrive today and will be staying for the next day or two.

I've already booked off tomorrow as 40cm+ of snow doesn't feel like something I want to drive through in order to go into work and not do anything. I mean, Julie is even staying home from work tomorrow and that never happens. I, on the other hand, will celebrate ficticious holidays in order to get a few more days off.

Granted, she did bring work home with her. I was thinking about doing that but then I'd have to bring one of the guys home and that would just upset everyone who didn't get to come stay at my house, so I was forced to take a vacation day instead.

I love this snow though. It's insanely light and fluffy so even though I had to shovel out drifts that came up to my knee, it took next to no effort to do so.

It looks like I'm going to be forced to spend tomorrow curled up in front of a nice warm TV and gaming my brains out. Maybe I'll take a break for reading or playing Smack Pingu or watching one of the movies on my computer that I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

Anyone else wimping out and staying home tomorrow?

Happy Winter-een-mas

No comments: