Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Damned Boarders...

My brother Dave & I hit the slopes last night for a few hours. It was a lot of fun going night skiing. I haven't had the chance to do that in ages.

The snow was pretty good. They did have snowmakers going, but we had received a goodly dump of snow during the night before and most of the day so that made for very nice ski conditions.

Except for the boarders. It was like every half hour or so the mountain would just spontaneously vomit 30 more kids on snowboards who had nothing better to do than fall down at the bottom of the exit from the chairlift. Stupid boarders...

We had fun on one hill though. Neither us were wearing our goggles to start since there wasn't any wind and it was at night. We went down the one hill and immediately realized our mistake. There were three snowmakers going full tilt on that hill. We'd go through one, have our eyes scrubbed raw from the ice particles and by the time you got your eyes cleared from the first blast you were going into the second one, and so forth.

So we have now dubbed that hill The Retina Blaster. It's like sandpaper for the eyes. Thankfully I did have my goggles with me and I put them on and wore them for the rest of the night. Dave, unfortunately, didn't have any goggles with him, so I just made sure we kept going down that run for the majority of the night. I think he was legally blind by the end of the evening :)

I also got a chance to try out my new MP3 player in a real-world environment and I must say I was very happy with it. No more listening to whatever crappy music is blaring out of the speakers at the chalet. Nope. I can listen to my own crappy music wherever I want to now!

I'm really sore today though. I didn't feel achey at all till about 11pm last night, but now I can barely walk. Crazy muscles, needing exercise and what not.

No comments: