Wednesday, September 24, 2003

I hope everyone at least got a chance to watch or listen to the debate tonight, or see parts of it.

I won't say much about it. I was at work and had to keep running around, in and out of the TV room for most of it, but I tried to watch as much as possible. Yes, it was a shouting match and yes, Mary-Lou Findlay should have probably shut them up a little sooner than she did, but all in all it wasn't that bad.

I will say this though. At least at the beginning of the debate, Eves just bugged me. I'd just heard a person on the radio detailing all of the various gestures and so forth that work well in a debate and so I was particularily watching the way that the leaders acted moreso than what they were saying.

Near the beginning of the debate, McGuinty started to talk to Eves about some point that Eves had made. Rather than look Dalton in the eye or even look in his general direction, Eves just flipped through his notes, underlining and circling things on a few pages and looking for all the world like he wasn't even listening to a word that Dalton was saying. It just seemed rather disrespectful. And while he did start to interact with them more during the debate, he seemed very uncomfortable for the most part.

At least Hampton and McGuinty would respond and react to the people talking to them. Heck, McGuinty looked like he was having fun!

I like Dalton, but I'm not a huge fan of the sheer wishy-washiness of his policies...

It would be neat to have a geek as premiere though (don't tell me he never played D&D and doesn't have a T3 line in his basement.. he IS an evil reptilian kitten-eater...)

No comments: