Friday, February 22, 2002

WOOHOO! Canada wins gold in women's hockey! Hooray!

I'm almost better now. I went outside today for the first time since last Saturday. I went to the mall for a half-hour visit to the eye-doctor and popped into EB to see if there was anything new in the past week for me to covet. Sadly, no. But this is February, and the fact that there were two great games released for the PS2 last week was rare enough. I was starting to feel a bit woozy by the time I was done at the mall, but I'm glad I got out of the house for a bit.

I'm VERY close to finishing Shadow Hearts. If all goes well, I'll have it done tomorrow. If not, early next week. I'm still on track to finish it within 30 hours, which makes it very short for an RPG (I pretty much finished it in less than a week of solid play... not too long). Granted, I thought Final Fantasy X was short, and that took me 64 hours to beat in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm just getting too good, I guess :) I'm not complaining though. I don't mind if the game is short so long as the story and gameplay hold up. In Shadow Hearts, they do. The graphics are a bit of a grab-bag, but the core gameplay and the story are fun and interesting.

No comments: