Saturday, February 23, 2002

Well, I figure I'd better just post a few links that I found today that look interesting or have to do with the state of the world, since going on about how stupid my day was today would take up WAY too much space!

First off, it looks like Daniel Pearl is officially dead. Stupid times we live in when people think that this is actually a way to benefit their cause. I have no problem with violence in movies or games... ie. virtual violence. But I abhor real-life violence, for all my bluster. The sickos that did this sure didn't have any violent movies or games to screw them up. Let real life do that for you...

On an upbeat note, Canada's doing a lot better this week, Olympic wise. While most of our medal hopefuls are coming back empty-handed, a lot of surprises are happening and we're cleaning up this week!

On the game front, not much today. Worked all day, went out for supper afterwards and got back to show my friend State of Emergency and Rez. I'm kind of annoyed at Shadow Hearts right now. If you make an RPG and in the last 1/8th of the game you need to have a certain cinema trigger in order to proceed and it DOESN'T, you're not going to make your players happy. I've enjoyed the game so far, but since it refuses to let me move the story along, and I have checked the FAQ to make sure I've done everything I need to do, I'm not terribly happy with the game now and would be qute content to just return it, since most of the major plot points have been resolved anyway... ah well. I'll see.

SoE is still fun, though I'm starting to let the disappointment seep in a bit. Check out Friday's Penny Arcade to see how I'm starting to feel about it. Now, I'm still working on the Revolution Mode to see if it is as bad as they say, or if it's as fun as I think it is, and so far the fun is outweighing the bad... and I love the Last Clone Standing mini-game in the Chaos mode. I'm just starting to wonder if this shouldn't have been a rental rather than a purchase... but time will tell.

Maximo is fun too. I like it, but I haven't found it to be the pure chunk of gaming gold that a lot of reviewers seem to think it is. Fun, yes. Best Game Ever, no. But again, I've been a little off my game this past week so all opinions expressed here might be sort of messed up!

And if you want to know if my cold is still killing me softly, yes, but thankfully I can actually go outside and even to work now. Maybe sometime before May it will leave for good!

And with that, I'm off to bed.

Oh, I'm currently watching an anime called Read or Die. If ever there was an anime that summed up my feelings towards books, this is it (and not just by the title).

No comments: