Friday, February 15, 2002

Well, my copy of State of Emergency finally came... and early, I might add... It's not supposed to be out until Saturday.

I've played a bit of it so far. Great graphics (probaby running about 60 fps with NO slowdown) and there are tonnes of weapons and modes. Heck, the story side of the game has 175 (!) missions to it, while the Chaos mode has about 5 or 6 various game modes for straight-up arcade beatdown action.

Think of SoE as what your guy from Grand Theft Auto 3 would do if he got really mad... and could destroy buildings.

Sadly, my enjoyment of the game has been somewhat marred by the recent arrival of DEATH COLDtm which decended from the rafters this morning while I slept. I've had a splitting headache, achey joints, the works... I'm starting to detect a pattern. Once, possibly twice a year I take some time off work and that's when the cold strikes. It's about a month early today... sob... thankfully my wife has been doping me up with Tylenol and chicken soup, so I should be ok by tomorrow.

AND, on a last note... The pairs figure skaters from Canada were awarded the gold medal, which is good, but it's a shame the way they had to win it. Ah well. At least now they will hopefully try to not be so biased. Oh, and last I checked, our indominatable hockey team was getting their keisters handed to them by the Swedes, 5-2... sigh.

No comments: