Monday, February 18, 2002

Well, I'm finally getting better. I'm still weak as a baby kitten, but I'm not doing too badly otherwise. With luck (sigh) I'll be able to go to work tomorrow.

I spent a good chunk of today playing Shadow Hearts. It's a very interesting RPG for the PS2 by the team that made Koudelka for the PSX. It's quite different than many of the RPG's I've played. But the story is interesting and the setting, turn-of-the-century China (the 1900's) is very refreshing since it allows for some neat political backstories as China and Japan and the West all play some part, along with wierd demon-summoning magicians.

It's not the prettiest PS2 game, but it does a good job of conveying a grimy and depressing world full of demons and witchcraft. Very horror-themed, though not scary.

I'm liking it so far though. The battle system is unique, and the various characters are all different from one another, rather than being the usual fantasy archetypes.

Now I'm going to go and read a book since my eyes are going to burst. I'm not quite over the death cold yet.

Oh, if you want to read a good tech site, check out Mcme.com. It's run by my good friend Pete's brother Sandy, who used to write the tech column for the Toronto Sun before they cancelled their tech section. Ah well. It's nice to see that he's still busy.

No comments: