Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Will He Survive To Five?

Garrett's birthday is today! He'll turn 5... if he makes it to 9pmish.

We've had an incredibly busy week or so and this has taken a toll on Garrett's ability not to be an complete punk. It hasn't helped that I'm working evenings this week, which are usually tough at the best of times.

All of this has culminated in Garrett's coup de grace tonight. For some reason known only to himself, Garrett decided that he'd wash his own hair. In the toilet. After he'd used it. Before he flushed it.

Yeah, that's about as gross as it sounds.

At this stage, Julie wants me to return his present, cancel the father-son breakfast I have planned for tomorrow morning and call all of his friends to say that the party is off. I'm of half a mind to agree with her, but I'll see how he is in the morning. The nice thing is that I'll be off for a week after this weekend and we'll be able to have some fun in the sun and shake all of our cares away... or something along those lines. I just want him and Julie to make it past tomorrow without one of them ending up in a mental institution!

No comments: