Friday, June 12, 2009

How Do They Do That?

Kara's currently involved in an ongoing struggle to knock herself out. I got home from work as the kids were just starting their bath and no less than 5 minutes later, she'd managed to trip over Garrett's legs and womp her face on the side of the tub. It wasn't anything major, though that ended the bath pretty fast.

A while later, she'd been put to bed and Garrett & I were just sitting on my bed playing Plants Vs. Zombies on the laptop when I heard a crash-thump-scream from Kara's room. I ran in there and her crib was empty. I looked around for the source of the crying and there she was standing wedged between the crib and the wall, bawling her head off. Why she'd decide to try scaling the back of the crib is beyond me. Again, she just required a little cuddle and was tucked in safe and sound and hasn't made any major escape attempts lately, but man...

The funny thing is that as I was trying to shush her the second time, I noticed that she smelled like maple syrup from her french toast this morning. Crazy, sticky kid...

No comments: