Saturday, June 13, 2009

Diamond Jubilee

We had an absolutely delightful afternoon and evening at my grandparents' 60th anniversary celebration. There was much good food and fellowship to be had both with the older set and amongst the younglings, though it was a good thing the weather was nice so I could take the boys out to the park during the speeches! And while I realize none of us are getting any younger, it was both touching and sad to hear their 90 year old friend tell them to appreciate every moment they have together because, well, there's not much time left and he can attest to what it feels like to lose the love of your life.

Sniff...

Anyway, the only downside to this day is the fact that the kids decided that sleep is for wimps and rather than being sound asleep when we rolled into Acton around 9:15 or so, they are both still up. Kara in particular is throwing a hissy fit... which is why I'm down here typing this instead of feeding into her negative attention seeking behaviours (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

At least Garrett went down pretty easily, though I'm sure they're both going to be absolutely miserable to be near tomorrow!

No comments: