Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No Sleep? NO PROBLEM!

You'd think I'd handle a night of no sleep rather well, given all of the overnight shifts I've pulled lately. There's something significantly different about a planned night with no sleep and one where your daughter, for some strange and unknown reason, decides that she wants nothing more than to cry in her room until you bring her to bed with you, where she proceeds to kick you and your wife in the ribs from 3-4am onwards.

I even tried bringing her downstairs at around 5:45am to watch a Western, which should have lulled any self-respecting 2 year old to sleep. Nope. She got even more excited and full of energy.

I'm starting to see a bit of weariness creep in though. As soon as Garrett is off to his day camp, we're coming home and she's going to sleep... and so am I!

No comments: