Saturday, September 20, 2008

Trampled!

My kids are magnets to wierd stuff (almost as wierd as the way I spell weird!).

I took Kara to the free day at the Acton Fair yesterday and she had a blast. She LOVES animals and it almost took a crowbar to pry her out of the livestock tent. I took her over to the petting zoo.

That's when she got trampled by a llama.

Seriously.

We were having fun, looking at the lambs and pigs and so forth, when this llama shows up, head-butts Kara, knocks her down and then starts stepping over her like she's little more than a speed bump... which she probably was to something as big as a llama.

I realize now that the stories of little old ladies lifting cars off of their grandkids is true. I grabbed that llama and lifted him over and moved him off of Kara so I could extricate her before he decided to finish the job (or spit on us).

Thankfully she was more scared than hurt. She even went back to the petting zoo today and, if the stories I hear are true, she punched the llama in the nose.

I kind of doubt that though.

No comments: