Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Friday The Thirteenth, Isn't It?

Ok. Today has just been a cavalcade of crap, at least where I'm concerned.

The day started off ok. I got that election post out of the way and headed off to work with a skip in my step and a smile on my face. Everything was going great...

Until I got pulled over by the cops. Grr... They said I was doing 71 in a 50 zone, but they also kind of gave me the wink-wink, nudge-nudge and said that I could plead guilty with an explanation and that they're really good about things like that in Guelph.

Sigh. So now I have to head to traffic court next week to contest this and hope that my stupid excuse holds water and that the fact that this is only my second speeding ticket ever (and the first in about 6 years) helps me get a reduced fine and no demerit points.

There was some other just generally annoying stuff going on today but it was just exacerbated by the annoyance I felt at myself for this stupid speeding ticket.

So, to top things off, I get home and put my headphones on to listen to a video on YouTube only to feel something tickling my ear. I yanked off my headphones to discover that an earwig had made its home in my left ear canal.

Much squirming and stomping ensued, along with further tearful calls to Julie.

Speaking of Julie, I blame her for all of this mess. She had $666 in her bank account yesterday. She's just such a good person that the roots of all that evil made their home in the fertile soil of my day. ARG!

Did I also mention that Kara is sick with some kind of snurfley cold, Garrett is off fighting the zombie hordes of imaginationville and I've somehow managed to buy the only claustrophobic, agoraphobic, non-vegetarian plecostamus in all of Halton Hills?

Yeah, the hits just keep on coming. We're also supposed to go to the zoo tomorrow... Oh, look at that! It's going to RAIN ALL WEEKEND!

Grr...

In case you're wondering, you can consider this post to be your own personal invitation to my pity party. Cake and punch will be served.

No comments: