Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now

Remember a year or so ago when Garrett poured window cleaning solution all over Julie's cousin's laptop? Remember how we had to buy her a new one?

Well, after a year or so of having a perfectly fine laptop sitting in a box in my basement, I decided that it was time to get it repaired.

I'd concidered not bothering to fix it and finding some other use for it as it was going to cost me about $350 to repair the screen. After taking some time to scout out the cost of a new laptop with roughly the same features, I realized it would cost me about $1000, easily.

So off to the shop the old lappy went and I FINALLY got it back on Friday. WOO!

In fact, this post is being typed on the laptop AS WE SPEAK!

If nothing else, it will be nice to not have to borrow Ralph's lappy whenever we go to Sarnia to visit. I can't really run a lot of games or anything on this machine, but it's a fine little DVD player and works pretty well for the general web-surfing stuff. I'm also interested to tinker with Vista a little as I've never really sat down to fiddle with it until now. It's not the evil incarnate that it has been made out to be and it is pretty from a visual standpoint, but there are enough things that it doesn't do as simply as XP that will keep me from wanting to switch over whole cloth.

No comments: