Monday, September 22, 2008

Threat Number 4: BEES!

After a morning spent at the Early Years' Center, I fed the kids, put Kara to bed and tried to get Garrett to play out in the backyard for a bit.

All was going well until we opened the umbrella that shades the little plastic playset in the backyard.

That's when it started raining bees. I've found the odd proto-hive in the folds of the umbrella's fabric before, but there's usually only one or two bees and they're easily persuaded to leave (after a few swats with the fly swatter).

Not today. I quickly marshaled Garrett back into the house and tried to decide what to do next.

One of my buddies suggested I go this route. I'll wait until Julie gets home and see what she thinks. If that is a non-starter, we'll just try spraying them with bee killer (aka Death Honey) until they stop twitching.

No comments: